Rowan Williams Cambridge StudentshipVerified by UNHCR
Named after the former Chairman of our Board of Trustees, the Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship is a full-cost award available to undergraduate and postgraduate students, covering tuition fees and maintenance, which will, in some instances, also assist with students’ upfront expenses such as travel, visa costs and the immigration health surcharge.
To be eligible, applicants need to:
- hold a conditional offer of admission to the University of Cambridge for any degree;
- be from an area of instability or zone of conflict;
- be, or have been, at risk of discrimination, persecution, suffering, violence or other abuse of their human rights.
Applicants do not need to have Refugee status.
Postgraduate applicants should
- apply by the Postgraduate Funding deadline for their chosen course of study, and be offered conditional admission to the University of Cambridge;
- tick the box to apply for funding, and fill in the Cambridge Trust section of the online form stating how they meet the eligibility criteria, as part of their application for admission through the University’s Applicant Portal.
Undergraduate applicants should
- apply for admission to the University of Cambridge in the normal way via a UCAS application and by the published deadline;
- if offered conditional admission by a Cambridge College, complete an Application for Scholarships for Undergraduate Studies offered by the Cambridge Trust (sent by the College at time of conditional offer) including a Personal Statement of how they meet the eligibility criteria.
Separate application form
The Trust will look at the personal statements of all applicants with conditional offers of admission for undergraduate or postgraduate study from countries that are suffering conflict or are perceived to be unstable. A separate application form on which to apply for the Rowan Williams Studentships, which has been designed to be returned directly to the Trust to assist us in the identification of eligible applicants, will be sent to potential applicants.
The deadline for receipt of this form is 31 January 2021 and when completed, the application form should be returned, by email, to the Cambridge Trust.
Details at a glanceUnited KingdomUntil 31/01/2021Bachelor's, Doctoral or PhD, Master'sFull scholarship for the full period of studies0There is no age limitUSD
RequirementsTargeted Country of AsylumAllAccepted status documentationNot required
More details about this opportunity
Duration of support providedFor the duration of studies
What is covered in this programTuitionHealth insuranceTravel costs to the third countryVisa
Is the student allowed to work while studying?
Application periodSpecific date (annual opportunity)
For further questions contact the scholarship provider
The Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship is a programme established by the Cambridge Trust to support students who face severe barriers in coming to study in Cambridge.
The content presented on this site has originated from the third party providers. UNHCR is not responsible for the application process or oversight of the opportunities presented here. Questions on a particular opportunity should be directed to the relevant provider.